Monday, October 11, 2010

Balance

This past week has shown me I need to have balance in my life to be a good writer. I heard back from the editor assigned my three chapter submission. She asked for the complete manuscript to make a final decision.

I panicked. The manuscript isn't finished. Scrambling, I hurried to edit and transcribe everything I have written. Then I talked with a couple of published author friends. Their kind words helped slow me down and think things through.

My family has been warned finishing this book is a priority for me. However, I'm learning I can still work in time for them as well as make time to write. As of last night, I've finished the transcription. I'm at the pivotal point in the suspense and need to see it through and write the ending.

My panic is subsiding, but it hasn't gone away. Should it? No, but now I know that I will get it done, just at the predestined time, not my time.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting. Best of luck with the manuscript :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I've been there, so I feel your pain. My book was written, but the editing wasn't complete. I figured I wouldn't hear back from the agent for weeks regarding my query and three chapters. Nope. He wrote back two days later requesting the full.

    Gulp.

    It can be done, and I have full faith you will do it! :)

    ReplyDelete