Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Changes

As we near the end of this president's term, many changes have been suggested. Case in point critiquing, there is talk of having a early critique session prior to the meeting. This may work well for some, but I believe it should be put to the membership for a vote. To make sweeping changes without input of the membership is a great way to alienate people. Apparently this change will be tested this next meeting. Someone implied it would be easier to do some of the preliminary critiquing online. This may be so, but to create so much structure and rules in my opinion defeats the openness of the process. I scramble to write each day and to blog every Tuesday. I do not have time to look over a body of work of another writer as part of my work day. I hold a critique session every Wednesday and anyone is welcome. Just e-mail me you are interested.
But I digress. In view of the success of our conference, with so many stepping up to the plate I believe we need fewer rules and regs. We are here to help one another not to throw obstacles on the path of the writer's journey. This is of course just my opinion and as such should be taken only as a single view. I, for one, welcome more discussion on the subject before it is cast in stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment