Tuesday, October 20, 2009

To Twit or not to Twit


So it all comes down to social networking. As writer's we write so this shouldn't be hard for us to write here and there. The problem is time. Time to write and time to promote. This past week, I found time to write not one, but two short stories, I am going to market them to some magazines. I had to edit part of story that I put away months ago. And I have been writing for the examiner. But I haven't had time to write on my wip. Perhaps it's about managing my time.

This leads me to social networking. I am finding the more I write for the examiner the more I need to promote it. I facebook it, sometimes I email friends to check out the cool profile and Q and A. But should I be twitting it. It seems like leaps past all the rest of information.

Do I need to be twitting? Will it draw more attention to me thus promoting my name. As writers is this important to get our books written. I'm sure we don't use as accomplishments on our Query letters, I have X followers on my blog. X friends on my author facebook and X followers on my Twitter.

Thus saying I think the more people read your work the more they will remember your name so Social Networking is important. We do it all the time, hand shaking, word of month, loops, blogs, and the list goes on and on. So my questions is when do you know your ready to twit or not to twit. Does anyone know the answer to this question?

No comments:

Post a Comment