Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Priorities

I'll be going along the lines of the last member's post...finding time to write.

Like everyone else, I'm busy. I'm a stay-at-home mom of children who don't like to sleep, yet the only writing time I have is during "nights and naps." That's about 3 hours a day altogether, and some of that time I spend catching up on emails or rifling through reference books.

One night a week (for six weeks a semester) I teach a writing class...one night a month I facilitate a writers group, then there are various critique groups I'm involved in. As my free time becomes pared away I wonder, when do I have time for fun?

Of course, reading and writing are fun (and I read at least a half hour a day), and I love to cook. But I want to be a sucessful writer, so most of my free time is devoted to improving my craft. After taking care of my family (which will forever come first), it's my number one priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment