Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Home from Travels

Sorry I missed blogging yesterday. By the time I got home from Philly, I had to rush and make a meeting. When I eventually came home, unloaded the car and had a minute to breath, I crashed and went to bed.

I'm really excited to have better organization in my life now. Even though I was in Philly for a day (three if you count driving there and back) I was able to judge a couple of contest entries and prepare for a new reading gig. How wonderful it is to bring my work with me and not lose a beat.

I'm only home for two days and then it's off again. This time I'm only a chauffeur for my parents and when we get to my sister's, I'm just a guest. I'll have some time to write and relax, more than I did on the Philly trip. For once, I'm looking forward to these trips. In the past I've dreaded them because something always went wrong. To quote a favorite author, "It is what it is," is now my motto. There's something so freeing with that phrase.

1 comment: