Sunday, February 7, 2010

Multi-tasking

So as I sat here, processing the last of the 1st & 10 entries, switching from the contest to my WIP which is two months behind deadline, AND watching "The Proposal" a chick flick starring Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds, and Betty White, I recalled I have blogger duty today. Hence the movie review because it's upper most on my mind.
This movie is an absolute scream, and offers an excellent example for a character arc. The dialogue is crisp and clean; the scenery [supposedly Sitka Alaska] is spectacular.
Goals and motivation are clear.
External conflict jumps out to shake the viewer's hand.
The hero's internal conflict is demonstrated early, but deeper layers are unraveled until the very last scene.
The heroine's internal conflict is not quite as visible until she experiences a crisis in conscience and reveals to the hero why she has been alone all her adult life.
Mr. Ryan sports a torso women only dream about and he kisses like no tomorrow.
I gotta go out and find more of his movies.
I give it four stars.
Kat

1 comment:

  1. I like Mr. Ryan too. He's hysterical. Does anyone remember A Guy, A Girl, and A Pizza Place?

    ReplyDelete