Monday, August 9, 2010

Where Does The Time Go?

I'm in the process of getting my youngest ready to go off to college. He only turned eighteen last Friday. With surgery to straighten both of his legs, we've missed graduation and all the hoopla surrounding that milestone.

Our emotions are uneven. I want him to start collecting what he needs for his dorm and classes, but he's taking his time. He gives all kinds of arguments as to why there's no rush. I think he forgets he has surgery to remove the pins and frames three days before he moves into his dorm.

Then again, I want to wait and buy all his linens and supplies down in Delaware where the hospital is. There's no sales tax there.

Needless to say, life in my house is very interesting and confusing. All I pray for is a clear head to get through these next three weeks and to not cry when I leave the campus. I've already said goodbye to my oldest, 23 yr old M. He decided to go back to Colorado with his girlfriend in mid-July. He called tonight and said he might stay past September which was his original thought. I miss my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment