Thursday, August 26, 2010

Currently Reading . . .

I apologize for missing my blog appointment the other day. Being on vacation and at the mercy of spotty Internet access is a royal PITA. If you need to know what that stands for, ask me at the next meeting.

I am not reading per se but listening to Nora Roberts' latest romantic thriller "The Search". I keep finding places to drive so I can continue listening. And, though I count La Nora among my writer heroes, I've put plenty of her books down over the past few years. She's back on top with this one. Funny, self-effacing hero, long and lanky heroine, and a really creepy villain who is a copy cat of the real deal who tormented the heroine in the distant past. Throw some enticing Labrador Retrievers [my fave breed] named Bogart, Newman, Peck and Jaws for a little comic relief and this is a honey of a story.

As far as I've 'heard', this is not the run of the mill serial killer - helpless heroine trapped on a rural island in the Pacific Northwest thriller. The dogs, whom the heroine has trained to be rescue dogs, will have to figure into the ultimate resolution and of course the hero who is kind of reluctant at the moment will step up to the plate and search alongside the animals to find where the villain has buried the heroine alive.

Oodles of humor, an uncommon bad guy [he doesn't rape or mutilate or speak or terrorize--in the usual way] and these fun dogs, makes for some great end of summer reading/listening for me.
See you in September. heh heh
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment