Thursday, August 26, 2010

Passages

Today was a reminder our lives go through a series of passages. Passages on to the next stage. My husband and I delivered our youngest to college today. He is the first to not only go to university, but to live away from home.

I've been feeling melancholy all week and was dreading today. However, we were so busy walking the campus with him and getting him settled, when we did part it was quick and painless. Maybe that's because we found his friends when went to find dinner. Once he hooked up with them, the 'rents were history.

Now the house is eerily quiet. My daughter is out with her dad for a late dinner and my oldest son is still in Colorado. Talk about an empty nest. Let's see if I can last a month, which is when Stephen has to go back to Delaware for his post surgery checkup.

No comments:

Post a Comment