Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Our Conference

First congrats to Kat. Each contract is as heady as the first. In between the writing part and the waiting part is that limbo, can I do it again? Did my luck run out? No matter where you are in your writing there is always a sense of doubt, that frankly we can do without. So lets show our peers that we are behind the conference by signing up. To date only one person is signed up. The rest of us need to get on the stick. The comittee worked like the devil to create a one of a kind conference, so show your support sign on for the best conference ever.
I have spoken to some members who tell me that some groups do not meet during the summer and I think this might be better for our group as well. Some of you have children who are out of school for the summer and want to spend time with the family doing things that are fun. Those of us who (fortunately are past little kids) like to do different things in the warmer months. This is just a thought but I believe it should be considered for next year. This summer is fading fast and in a few weeks the little blighters will be back on the yellow buses.
I am challenging the group to sign up for the conference before the end of this month. The person who is the second to sign up will recieve a authgraphed copy of my newest book. Kat let me know who that is. Enjoy the rest of the week and I'll bug you again next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment