Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Learning

Several years ago, I wrote two manuscripts that have everything plus the kitchen sink shoved into it's pretty pages. Last year I decided to get up from my chair and hit some writer's group to see if I have something worth continuing. Well, well, well... I have found a new world of trade. And learnt so much that my head is now spinning. Now I know I am not really a plotter, more a pantser. And to top it off, I have to write to get to the answer why? The characters demand surprise.
In the last year, I have started four stories and all are in varies stages of completion. The problem is in my head I have already figured out why it has happen and the stories hold no appeal to me now. This is the frustrating part of writing. When you learn just enough to question your every word, and lose what you were wanting to write. Now, I am working on a balance. My new approach is to let it rip and then pick up the pieces when it's over. Maybe then I could complete something and have my ahhhh moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment