Tuesday, June 23, 2009

End of school, finished book, and lovely weather

Today is my daughters last day of school. Mixed emotions. Glad I'll get to see her more (I work a lot of nights and she usually gets home as I am leaving.)
Sad that my quiet writing time is going to be few and far between.
I think I need to get my hubby to help out. I don't want to stop!
Wouldn't it be nice if it was like the old days and kids could just go out and play?
Sigh.

I finished my second novel, Breaking the Barriers! I feel great about it. Even looking forward to the edits. Right now, I am going through and adding chapter breaks, writing a short summary of each chapter, and noticing where I may need to add some sensory descriptions, heat (as in Texas), and possibly more foreshadowing. I also intend to start researching agents.

The weather outside is lovely right now! But I want to be inside at my computer. Sigh again.
There will be other lovely days. :)

2 comments:

  1. Go outside and fun with your daughter. They grow up too fast, besides, this is Rochester. We'll have plenty of rainy days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids finished up school last week. Since they like to sleep in a little later (no 6:00am wake up calls) I've been squeezing in writing time before breakfast. This probably won't last but for now I've been able to at least write a couple of pages a day. Yippee!!!

    Totally loving this weather...we've been able to spend the afternoons playing flag football, baseball and kickball. Of course my favorite part is when the Ice Cream Man arrives on my street.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete