Friday, December 18, 2009

A month after NaNo

So I didn't hit the full amount, but I am still proud of myself. Recently, I sat down and read all the words I've writtened and realized several things. One I need a common plot thread throughout the piece. Two all I have is conflict scene after scene. So I have about 25,000 words of scenes. I suppose if I tie it in with the actual story line, and plot I will have a completed novel. So that is my goal now. I want to have a first draft of a novel by the first of February.
I am going to be going to the Central New York Conference and the Sunday with Bob Mayer. I can't wait, I want something in hand for the critique. I could pull out several of my older manuscripts but this one is the most fresh and I am really excited about it. So that is my goal for the next few months. I should probably go and hit the Word document. I have a plot to nail down. Happy Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment