Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Gratitude

Dee's latest blog entry featured resolutions, something many focus on at this time of year.
Because I rarely keep resolutions, I like to look at the things I'm grateful for.
Not necessarily in order of importance:
1. That new grandson with the wonderful Gaelic name, Kieran. He is placid, quiet, easy to handle, a good sleeper and a great eater--the exact opposite of his older sister. I don't know if my daughter and son-in-law could have handled another screamer.
2. My other grandson Owen who has developed his own unique personality, so different from his older sister, and who boasts a smile that clutches the heart of even this old broad.
3. Out of the Dark, an anthology which brought me out of the dark of writer's indifference and near-fatal procrastination.
4. Tiger Woods who makes me appreciate my husband even more than I already did.
5. Mike and Mike in the Morning. They make me laugh, and groan and, occasionally, want to slap some sense into their pointy little heads.
6. A booming tote bag business which recently afforded me a brand new sewing machine, for which I will have my first class this afternoon. I can't wait.
7. My two grand-daughters who always make me laugh.
8. My husband, who still makes me laugh.
9. My 3 daughters, intelligent, self-sufficient, capable women who don't always make me laugh but sure make me proud to be their mother.
10. A great presidential year with LCRW, all thanks to our members who made this group thrive.

Now . . . what are you grateful for?
siochain
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment