Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Strange things are happening

As Jennie posted Harlequin is going digital and into the vanity press. Remember when I said, digital is the coming thing? You may not remember cause you might not have known me back then in 1998, but it was the reason I chose to be published with a POD publisher. But the fee Harlequin is charging is outrageous. If you choose to self publish please talk to me before you spend money foolishly. Self publishing can be profitable but not if you pay up front.
I invested in a Kindle this past week and note I said invested, this is the next thing on the horizon. It may not happen in my lifetime as I am an old lady, but there will come the day when kids will have their homework on a Kindle or similar device. To be able to buy a book in 60 seconds is nothing short of amazing, and the cost is far less than a actual paperback.
Other than my new toy and the fact that my dog is finally potty trained my life is pretty much a daily thing. Note to those who have trouble training a dog. I tried everything trainers, vets and friends with dogs but what finally worked was a video. I was watching it and the dog sat beside me, when it finished Widget walked to the door and scratched to be let out. Job done.
I am sorry for the late posting but had a full day that I was not planning on. I look forward to seeing you all on Sat.
Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment