Saturday, November 7, 2009

Procrastination

I'm sure someone already wrote about procrastination. Yet, now that the holidays are approaching, I think I need to bring it up again.

With time becoming filled with plans for visiting family, holiday dinners, and a funeral sprinkled in, I find that I don't get to my computer as much as I had in the past few months. It's frustrating and depressing.

I've been successful in structuring a few parts of my daily life but not all. What I want most is to structure in writing time over frivolous stuff. Can I do it? I want to, I need to, so I must. Yet, determination is not my forte :(

So, what I am going to do it write out a schedule of when I want to write, as well as everything else I need to do each day. I've been doing it for a few days with some disciplines I need to maintain. It's helping me get everything done. Now, I need to add in time to write.

Will I make it too hard to maintain? I hope not. I figure an hour a day should be manageable. It's enough to get deep into the story, but not too long to block me from doing other things.

My goal? To take procrastination out of my vocabulary!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea, when I schedule, I tend to do better as well. Still it seems like something in my life is always falling by the wayside, while I keep up with other parts.

    (Housework tends to fall behind...hmmm...wonder why?)

    ReplyDelete