Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Almost Time to Edit

For nearly a year, I’ve been pouring my heart and soul into my WIP. As a writer, I’m supposed to have control, but the characters I created had other plans. They threw in their own plot twists, seemed like I was continuously updating my outline. I had to save my heroine from a hit and run and an attack by a madman. When my characters got so discouraged with life, I had to give them a kick in the butt.
In the past year, these characters have invaded my thoughts, consumed my time, and touched my heart. All that’s left is putting the final chapter down on paper. I’m going to miss them.
Oh wait, I still have to edit.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting Donna! And what a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Yes, with editing you'll still be going strong with those characters for awhile, huh? But I know what you mean. I always cry after I've finished writing a book. From relief, of course. But also because I've loved them so. Hm. Sometimes I'm depressed after reading a good book too, because I didn't want the voyage with the characters to end.

    Come to think of it, maybe I just need some friends.

    :)

    ReplyDelete