Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday...

Yikes...I missed my slated blog post yesterday. I could probably come up with a dozen reasons why, but the truth is, there was only one thing on my mind yesterday. Swim lessons. As the mother of two young boys I have developed a heightened respect for water safety. Hence, proper swim lessons --- at the hands of professionals --- is at the top of my summer priority list. I'm happy to report that day one went swimmingly :-)

Since my brain has shifted into summer mode, I thought I would make this post very light and fluffy. Here are some of my favorite things to enjoy during the warmer months:

  1. Drink: Blue Hawaiian

  2. Accessory: Flip flops

  3. Activity: Flying kites at the beach

  4. Food: Grilled turkey burgers with fried mushrooms

  5. Get-a-way: Cape Cod

  6. Book that I re-read every Summer: Paradise by Judith McNaught (it's really long, which is a plus when you're spending a full day at the ocean)

  7. Memory: Playing miniature golf at Bass River (Cape Cod) with my siblings every July; as the youngest I always came in last place!

  8. Song: "Come Monday" by Jimmy Buffett

  9. Bringing my laptop outside; although I tend to write less during the months of July and August, I love working with a soft breeze and the sounds of birds singing in the background.

  10. Baseball!!!! Red Wings, Red Sox, and my own little guys playing in the yard are all part of the fabric of my summer.

What do you enjoy most during this time of year?

1 comment:

  1. I know this will sounds strange, but what I enjoy most about summer is the heat. (With the exception of this summer, however. My teeth have been chattering every morning...)

    Yes, I like that it's finally warm. I dislike temperatures below 75 degrees. I don't turn on the A/C until it's 87 in the house (much to my husband's dismay, as he gets warm as soon as I begin to feel comfortable).

    Kim

    ReplyDelete