Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My favorite thing in the world

Okay, I admit it. I'm about 12 hours late posting this blog.
I have an excuse. A great big fat one that everyone functioning on all eight cylinders will admit is a perfectly reasonable and logical excuse.
I spent the afternoon in a dentist's chair--this was after I spent the morning talking myself into getting into the car and driving to the office in order to sit in an unergonomically designed dentist's chair.
All because the permanent bridge, for which I have spent a total of four hours [two separate days] in said chair to be measured, gummed, epoxied, drilled, sanded and otherwise tortured to the nth degree failed to fit properly and had to be sent back to the factory. The temporary bridge [another two hours] came loose and screwed up my occlusion [a fancy word for bite] and I was unable to chew on either side without pain.
As I am the original of dental phobic patients, no one is happy about this turn of events.
I'm sure the hygienists or technicians or whatever their title is draw straws to see who must attend to me whenever they see my name on the day's list of appointments.
And I have no doubt the dentist herself stocks up on an adequate supply of Valium or other effective anti-anxiety agent to take either before, during, or after my appointments.
For the next two weeks I must stick to soft foods; I cannot chew on the affected side; I must avoid grinding my teeth [which is like telling me not to snarl].
I am not a happy camper.
Snarling is one of the things I do best.
Who's up next?
Kat

3 comments:

  1. I feel for you. Well, at least chocolate is a soft food...

    Hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL so what's your favorite thing in the world??? When it's over? ;o)

    Hope things are better for you soon. As for soft foods... I recommend ice cream, pudding, cookies dunked in milk or coffee....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain...today I head off to the dentist for a root canal. Almost all of the work I've had done in the past five years was done incorrectly...Now, with a new dentist, I need to have things re-done. Yippee :-(

    Rita

    ReplyDelete