Monday, May 18, 2009

Keeping up with the responsibilities of life...

Hello fellow writers,

My thoughts today are about time management. I work full time, take care of my daughter (and husband at times), write, read for Wild Rose Press, and finally there's housework. Notice that's LAST on the list.

It's hard, there are days when I am on a roll writing and want to do it all day. Family outings. Then there's the cleaning binges. Deadlines for reading. The only thing I can't change is my work schedule.

I wish there was a tried and true method to manage my time.

Two hours here, two hours there...and everything gets done. Not possible.

I guess it's like everything else, all in moderation. I can't stop working, I can't and don't want to take time away from my family, and I guess I have to keep the house livable since I can't afford a housekeeper.

At this point in my life if I can write 2-3 hours a day. That's AWESOME! I'll take what I can get. And maybe save some dusting for later.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that, I have found if the first thing I do after I get one kid off on the bus in the morning is to do a load of laundry. Then I feel like I have accomplished my household duties for the day. At least my kids have clean clothes most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just purchased the book Writer Mama by Christina Katz to help me muddle through my sometimes unproductive days. Either my house is clean or my computer files are. :) I need advice on how to keep the kids alive, fed and in clean clothes while working on becoming a published author and spending time with my husband. Hopefully this book will perform a miracle.

    ReplyDelete