Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good Intentions

Good intentions. We all have them. Yet, are they realistic? My goals for this month were to blog more, as well as writing committed blogs here and to work more on my office.

Needless to say, my good intentions went right out the window. First there was Easter and two dinners in two days with two different families in two different cities. The next weekend I ran a conference in Ithaca. I went a day early to make sure things ran smoothly (went in thinking the event would be a huge bust, and was pleasantly surprised). On Sunday, instead of coming home I took my daughter to Philly for medical visit. Came home Monday only to go to a funeral in Binghamton taking my folks.

So my time blogging and working on my office went right out the window. The bright spot of good intentions is there's no deadline to accomplish them. There's still time to make good and I'm starting right now by completing my obligation in blogging. The moral of this message? Don't let life stop your good intentions. Look at interruptions as temporary roadblocks and work around them until the road is clear again.

No comments:

Post a Comment