Sunday, April 4, 2010

THE CONTEST IS OVER . . .

Except for the nitty gritty details like making sure each entrant received at least 3 score sheets and marked up manuscript pages for each entry, determining the order of the finalists; awarding prizes to same and the honorable mentions.

The scores were incredibly tight. 10 entries scored more than 139 out of a maximum 150 points. 24 scored between 120--139. 24 scored less than 120 points.
I imagine someone would say this is a bell curve, kind of heavy at one end.

We had some great entries, some very interesting, some less so.
One broke every rule and yet scored 143 points!!!

In the end I wonder if we'll do this again. If we do, we must have far greater commitment from the LCRW members.

Kat

1 comment:

  1. Kat: Just sent you a thank you. Although I got a "sorry" with my scores, it was a thrill to participate.

    I am adding this blog site to my blog and look forward to interesting days ahead.

    ReplyDelete