Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To Share or Not to Share

Recently was reminded of the fragility of peace on open public forums. I posted a new profile picture with the lyrics of a song as the caption. Was it unfitting for someone my age? I didn't think so.

We have to remember when we participate in such public forums everything we post, whether it be pictures, links or words, it's there for all to see and comment on. One negative comment was posted and all my other 'friends' jumped all over the person. So NOT the intention of posting the picture.

So what has this meant to me? Do I need to think more carefully about what I'm going to post? Maybe. Is this incident serious enough to really worry about? I don't know. I'm upset my friends are at odds over it, but the act itself was an innocent way of celebrating my weight loss and being able to be happy to have pictures of myself seen again.

I would like to know your opinion. Should we be more careful of what we post, or am I'm worrying over nothing?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we always need to be careful of what we post. However, that does not mean not to post. You thought about your post. You made a decision that was right for you. Outstanding.

    One thing you may have done is start a dialog that will be beneficial to others. Now THAT is a good post.

    ReplyDelete