Friday, July 30, 2010

Getting Back on Track

It's been some weeks since I last worked on my manuscript. What blocked me? Me! I got too tired or too busy to find the time to sit down and create.

Yes, I was taking care of my son after his surgery. However, that didn't stop me from working, There were many occasions I could find to slip away for an hour or so to set up my computer and get down to business.

The change happened when even that schedule was interrupted when we went to Tennessee. Staying in a hotel room with 4 adults, and all my son's medical paraphernalia cluttering any flat surface, it was hard to work. Also, we were at a conference, so there were many people we knew and visited with. Needless to say, I was very busy, just not on my manuscript.

Once we arrived home, it's been difficult to get back to normal. Only home two weeks, and was off again for a post-surgical visit in Delaware. Have been home a week now, and really need to get back to my manuscript. It's nagging me and making me cranky. (Of course, if you call me on that, I'll deny everything! :D)

So, to get started, I put myself on the roster for reader at TWRP. I do need to finish that prelim tonight! After that, I'll bring a notebook with me tomorrow when I take my daughter to Stonybrook near Dansville for a few hours with her friend. I can insert a few chapters to my working story. It's taken a different direction right now, so I need to see where it's going to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment