Friday, April 30, 2010

The thrill of writing...

I miss it when I haven't felt it in awhile. But of course, that's my fault. It usually means I haven't been writing in awhile. :)

I'm talking about the thrill you get as you write, the shivers of excitement, the fluttering belly, the adrenaline rush...

I remember times sitting in Starbucks and writing longhand and my hand almost going faster than my brain. Keeping the writing legible was an issue.

Recently I was going through some old stuff (I mean oolllllddd - from high school) I found in my parents house and came across a manuscript I wrote. 300 or so handwritten pages. It was a romance...of course. And it was about my friend Cindy and her love...'Sonny' (remember Don Johnson's character in Miami Vice?) I have yet to read it but I will. I can't wait to see what it's about (I don't remember) and how bad (or good) it is.

I also wrote a book about me and Corey Hart (I'm soo dating myself), and at least one episode of Remington Steele - which I've yet to find. I remember sititng on my bed writing, back then, and it was better than any artificial high.

When I think of something new, a new plot twist, a new conflict etc. - it's so very exciting.

Gotta get back to my drug...

No comments:

Post a Comment