Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stranded

Are you tethered to your computer? Ever wonder what would happen if you were without it?

My computer froze and died on me over the weekend. I knew it was running out of drive space and asked for and external hard drive for my anniversary present. The response to my request was to find out what was taking up the 130+ GB. Neddless to say, I hadn't finished accumulating the info when an automatic download crashed the system.

Luckily, I received an iTouch for Christmas and I can access the Internet with it. Hence this blog entry. However, it also means I can only access what I have stored online, which is only mail archives. My mss are on a flash drive, thank God, but now I'll have to borrow someone else's computer (there are 4 others in the house) to get to them.

I tweeted my frustration and was surprised to receive a response from Jenni Holbrook. She told me she wrote her first book longhand. So, I think I'll take her advice and get this first mss down on paper so I can finish it. Who knows, hardcopy may still be the safest method to store writing for accessibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment