Friday, March 26, 2010

Where Did Spring Go?

Brrr. When I took my son to school this morning, I didn't expect the car doors to be frozen. What happened to that 50 degree weather we had last week. I don't know if I can take the cold much longer.

I've cleared out a corner in our sun room at the back of the house for my office space. It was my office about 10 years ago, but became the junk room once my daughter arrived. Now that I'm determined to finish at least on of my books this year, I've decided I need my office back.

Let me tell you, it's darn cold out here. There is an electric baseboard heater across the room, but it's too expensive to use it. So I have a small space heater which is fired up behind me. It takes a lot of time to heat up my corner because the whole room is about 400 sq. ft. Thank God my daughter gave me a Snuggly for Christmas. It's getting a lot of use out here.

The only thing is, my fingers get cold really fast and make typing a challenge. But what is life without its challenges, right?! I can say I'm a 'suffering' writer instead of a 'struggling' writer. Makes me sound more eccentric. I love being eccentric, though my family wishes I would just blend into the woodwork.

My office has its advantages. It's outside of the main house (the sun room is basically a deck that was walled-in and added on to the back of the house). Yes, there is a window directly in front of my desk, but I hope to find some sort of curtain arrangement to cover that. As it is, the traffic around me when I'm working is non-existent. Yipee! That was the most important element I was striving for.

Now it's off to my real job (lunchtime hostess at a family restaurant) and then I'll be able to work on my dream job (writing) later.

No comments:

Post a Comment