Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring is in the Air!

What a glorious week we've had. Those winter blues have been chased right away by all the sunshine. It's supposed to turn winter again next week, but only for a short time.

With the Easter season upon us, I tend to reflect on life's cycles - birth, existence and death. It hasn't been too hard to do that lately with the death of a wonderful young man. Yet, as I remember his funeral, the family decided to celebrate his life and Easter instead of mourn. Easter lilies filled the church, the sight bringing comfort to those of us who believe.

My personal metamorphosis is still an ongoing event. Yes, I have lost over 100 pounds, but I'm not finished. My body is still working to adjust to the dramatic reduction in mass, so there are plenty of gaps, sags, and all around mushing and rumblings as my skin and muscles shrink and attempt to return to their original shapes.

This change in me isn't only in the physical. I'm discovering I have more energy, and a cleansing of clutter and a spree of reorganization is taking place as well. I used to have a desk in our sun-room (a deck the former owners enclosed into a nice paneled addition). As I cleared the surface, imagine the shock of seeing the blotter calendar from 2001! it's been that long since I've really worked on my manuscripts.

Well, today - day 4 of cleaning/clearing - I wiped the cobwebs down from the walls and ceiling around my corner, washed the desk top and have set up a new, current calendar alongside my lap top. It is now an inviting place where I can escape from the family and write to my hearts content. Still have to find a curtain to place over the window directly behind my laptop. Could use some ideas as it's a casement window that opens out into my space (remember I said it used to be an old deck, so the window opens from the kitchen out)

I still have a few more days worth of sorting two file drawers and a bookcase to maximize my filing and resource centers. If anyone has suggestions on reference books that have helped them advance toward publication of their work, please let me know. I'm going to beg, borrow or steal from my husband to outfit my space to MY satisfaction - not his. He still thinks my book is garbage (he only reads non-fiction, and DIY books)

Okay, enough of my ramblings. At least I can say I've been meeting my blog commitments. Now to finish those first 10 chapters of Invisible Ties :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment