Monday, March 29, 2010

Goals

What are my goals? Where do I begin, I have so many? That is my problem - too many goals. For the past two months, I haven't met the goals I set at the LCRW meetings. So, this time, I changed my thinking.

From now on, I'm going to make my goals a bit ambiguous, with no set deadline. The first goal was to finish reorganizing my office space. Since I'm halfway there, I thought this would be an attainable goal. Every day I've done a little purging (I haven't used this space for about 9 years), a little cleaning and now I'm ready to set up my filing system.

Another thing about having my office organized is having storage space to put the basket supplies, so my husband won't complain about me bringing in more STUFF! I think I'll tackle putting all that away this week.

My second goal is to blog regularly on my personal blog, Patti Mann, Author on Blogspot. Please come follow me at http://ladybuggy50.blogspot.com. I have found that having a schedule for blogging has helped me tremendously in staying focused on writing. Now, once all this organization is complete, I'll be able to schedule actual manuscript writing time. Can't wait!

One absolutely fantastic thing about going through all my old files is I have found past critiques of my current manuscript. I plan to take some with me to work today and go through them on my lunch. It's going to be interesting to see where my story has gone and how my writing has changed (if it has at all). I'll also be able to weed out all the repetitive copies and purge the hundreds of sheets of paper (there has to be at least a full ream or two - 500/ream) filling up my drawers.

No comments:

Post a Comment