Monday, November 15, 2010

Evolution

Evolution. What does that word mean? To me it means re-creation, restructuring, rebuilding. My writing is undergoing a re-creation. Book number two and three are going off in a different direction than I originally intended. The changes are for the better, so much that when I finish writing a scene I get all excited. Chills run through my arms and I get that rush when things gel just right.

My writing has gone through a form of restructuring as well. I'm trying to go about my writing in a more formated way, instead of by the seat of my pants. What did I know about character development? Nothing! What is a turning point? Darned if I knew.

I was talking with my son last week about what I was learning about these two writing structures and he laughed at me. "We learned that in third grade,Mom," he says. Well, I don't know about you, but I don't remember learning it in third grade or any grade for that matter.

Maybe I'm a slow learner or a late bloomer, but at least I'm making progress. I'm pleased with what I'm creating now and can't wait to get to the endings. Who knew plotting could be so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment