Tuesday, September 28, 2010

finding your niche

Many believe each of us has a purpose, and the tough part is finding what that purpose is. I've known since I was a small child (looooong time agooo) that what I wanted out of life is simply to make folks smile. If I were silly or serious did not matter, as long as someone smiled. To that end I've always tried to help folks and to make them think about some of the silly things I say. Such as (this one drives my grandsons nutz) sky blue pink. Okay you say, what's so wonderful about that? Well if you look at an evening sky and try to figure what I am talking about you will note even if you cannot find the sky blue pink you will see something beautiful. My books are an extension of this. I write fantasy and easily accept, that creatures can talk, fly or even disappear.
I'm not senile or demented I just think there is more than one way to achieve a goal. Yes, I believe in magic, the kind that makes us wonder at the wide eyed look of a child's first Christmas. The kind that makes us see the simplicity in life is really the true beauty.
My fox books are a kind of magic for me, a personal magic. I can sit in my office and go to Ireland, or Avalon or even Atlantis. Each of us has a personal magic and when you find it never let it go. Have faith in your personal magic. It will sustain you through the dark moments of life and if you cling tightly enough the dark will be only moments long.
I write what I want to read. Write what takes you away on angel wings, what makes your soul soar. If it isn't fun don't do it. We were put here to enjoy the bounties of life and to aid one another.

2 comments:

  1. Well, of course what you say it true. I “live” in the world of fantasy. (For one thing, you never have to go to the bathroom.) When we meet in one of our worlds, I will conjure a pot of tea for us and we’ll talk of world building and lay lines.

    ReplyDelete