Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Conference

Well, we are down to the wire now. Only a few more days. If we all remember this is a learning experience, we will get more out of the conference than we expect. I am really looking forward to the experience. I'm not the shy type (surprise!) but when it comes to pitching I am a basket case. I've done it countless times, yet always get my foot in my mouth. And the worst thing is the story I was hoping to pitch, is lost. I cannot find it anywhere. Wrote it several years ago and put it on a floppy disk. Do I know where I put it? Noooo. So instead I will pitch a contemporary I have partially written. More than half, so not to worry.
Ya know what gets me about pitches? I don't know about other folks, but I just want to get through it. I rush and I know I shouldn't, but I do anyway. And it doesn't seem to matter how well I know the person I am pitching to. I've pitched to Wild Rose press on several occassions and have always been asked to submit, but as every story I've written is in the same vein, I have to submit to WingsPress first. This tale is different from any other I've written as it takes place in LasVegas in the present time. While it does feature a fox and a dragon it is vastly different as I introduce goddesses, flying dragons and a town planning board. Think that might be considered a departure.
In a different mode of thought, let's set ourselves to expect the best and we'll get it. If you are down, thinking down will bring you down further, but if you think up, the higher you will soar. Hope to have the best weekend ever, join me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pep talk, Dee. I'll be pitching for the first time.

    ReplyDelete