Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Recovery III

What's new with me? Steve is doing much better now that they've taken out the k-wires near his knees. Enough to let me leave and come home for a few days. My brave boy is an inspiration to me and everyone around him.

The legs are still not as straight as the doctor wants them to be, so we're still cranking those struts until next Tuesday. This is done to two struts per leg in the morning, another two in the afternoon and the last two before bed.

Got great news tonight. He went twelve hours without getting another pain pill. For someone who was constantly checking with me for when his next dose was due, this is a tremendous feat. Today was not as good for my husband. His phone sent Steve's call to voice mail while he was checking his voice messages. Steve was so worried, he called the desk at the house for someone to go look for his dad in the dining room. LOL!!

I have to understand my boy is feeling more vulnerable than we've ever experienced with him. This is hard to grasp and we sometimes tend to take it lightly. However, it's a serious issue with Steve and we have to be very careful to keep the lines of communication open when we're not in the near vicinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment