Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Must learn self discipline

We've gotten through Christmas, New Years and February is fast approaching and I've done very little in what I told myself I would do. Can't seem to get into the swing. I have however made some small inroads, I have cleared a space on my desk so the dog won't bug me when I try to write. He likes looking out the front window, but any movement on the entire street sets him off, barking to protect me.
So today I am going to send my latest completed work off to Wild Rose, as Ms Penders requested it last fall. I am going to offer it to them before I send it to Wings as they are always accepting of my work. They like sweet fantasy tales. I've read a great deal lately, and find the works I've been reading, mostly fantasy romance, contain much more sex than I am comfortable with. I hate spending money on pages I don't read. I am not a prude, I know sex sells but how many ways can you say the same thing over and over on countless pages? I cannot write sex. And since I now get none, reading about someone else's is an exercise in futility.
I do find it is easier in the contemporary I am now working on. I haven't written a contemp in years. I don't know how my critique partner does it. She turns them out like Jonny be good. She's amazing. That's you Miss Donna.
At first I thought this blog thing was a waste of time, but now I see it's value, not only to the writer but to the reader. I've gone back and read most of the previous posts and find information that is highly usable. This group has the potential to be the best group in our state. And that's saying something as the NY groups are amazing.
Now as if this moment I am going to grab my boot straps and keep my word to myself and do some writing. I hope all of you are far more disclipined than I am. WRITE ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment