Friday, December 11, 2009

Looking back...

Ten years ago my focus, along with most of the world's attention, was on the ushering in of the year 2000! We all wanted to know what would happen. Well, a lot has happened in the last decade. Many things we could not have imagined (September 11th, Anthrax letters, Hurricane Katrina, Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan). Difficult days indeed. My personal losses have also been numerous (the deaths of my dad, grandmother, three uncles, two aunts).

But as we stand on the cusp of 2010, I can't help but remember all of the wonderful things in my life that have changed over the past decade. In 2002 and 2004 my husband and I were blessed with two amazing boys. Everything in our world has shifted since their arrival. On a much smaller scale I achieved my dream of writing a book and having it published (two books). I reconnected with old friends and made new ones.

The year ahead, will bring both good and bad. It always does. That's okay...I'm ready! Of course, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we all have many more reasons to smile than to frown!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Rita. It made me think about my losses and gains over the last few years. I feel for you, having so many losses in a short span of time. But you're right, every year brings good and bad. And I'm happy you achieved your dreams of publication. I wish that for all of us.

    ReplyDelete