Monday, March 16, 2009

Mini Conference from CNYRW

This weekend, Christine and I took the bull by the horns and went to the Mini Con. in Syracuse. The Speaker was C.J. Lyons, she gave a great workshop. She worked both sides of our brain and kept us stimulated with tons of chocolate. The wonderful part of the entire day was the many light bulb moments, not only did I understand my own work, but I was able to take it to the next level. She explained in great detail the 3 Act structure of plotting and how to utilize it with Character Development. That plotting was for everyone at different stages of the process. I started out as a Pantser, and struggled with plotting. Now I see, if I want to fly at the seat of my pants then revise with a plot structure than my work could be structured. I took away so much from this weekends workshop, now I want to write, write, write. Kudos to C.J. Lyons for giving a great presentation and to CNYRW for throwing a great workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment