Thursday, June 23, 2011

Interviewing Favorite Characters

Several months ago, authors from the Class of '85 series out of the Wild Rose Press, came together to promote their books on one menber's blog: www.WildWomanKane.blogspot.com with interviews of their favorite characters.

Here is the interview with Dru Horvath from Embraceable You. I hope you enjoy it.
Kat


Where are you from originally, Dru? I'm not really sure. Somewhere in the mid-Atlantic states probably. My family traveled around a lot. I was removed by Child Protective Services after my parents were arrested in Summerville New York for running a Gypsy scam.

What is Embraceable You about? It is the story of myself and Sheriff Rory McElroy who come together for a few hours at an awards banquet during the 25th reunion for the Class of ’85-and how those few hours forever changed our lives.

What did you think the first time you saw Rory? That he filled out a tux real well.

What was your second thought? Since Homeland Security had me on a pretty tight leash that night, I looked at the great big bed over in the corner of this plush hotel room, and figured it was too bad I wouldn’t be sticking around long enough for him and me to try it out.

Did you think it was love at first sight? No, but there was a lot of lust flying around.

What do you like most about Rory? He makes me laugh, plus that man can slow dance like no tomorrow. Yum.

How would you describe him? He looks like Daniel Craig with that bored ‘screw-you’ look on his face and the build of a boxer. Man, he is hard all over. Sorry, didn’t mean to be crude, but this man does not have a soft part on his body . . . except his heart. That’s all mush.

How would he describe you? Tinkerbell with a mouth and an attitude to match.

What made you choose photo-journalism as a profession? I received my first camera as a Christmas gift when I was maybe 15. Pretty soon I was taking pictures of everything in town. Framing and light came easy, like instinct. An important man in town, Henry Dunavan, paid for private classes at RIT—Rochester Institute of Technology—for me. The instructor helped me get into RIT’s photography program. Things took off after that.

What is your biggest fear? Ten months ago I would have said not living long enough to accomplish my goals. Today I will say it’s not being able to come home to Rory.

How do you relax? When I find out, I'll let you know.

Who is your favorite fictional character and why? Ouiser Boudreaux from Steel Magnolias. She is confident, self assured and loyal to her friends. Plus, she makes me laugh.

What is the best piece of advice you ever received? Do not allow fear to prevent you from doing what is right.

What books have had an impact on your life?

Mila 18 and Trinity, Leon Uris

Carnal Innocence and Divine Evil, Nora Roberts

A Problem From Hell: the world's response to genocide, Samantha Powers

The Parsifal Mosaic and The Bourne Identity, Robert Ludlum

A Man to Die For, Eileen Dreyer

The Night They Burned the Mountain and Deliver Us From Evil, Dr. Tom Dooley

Thanks for consenting to this interview, Dru. We appreciate it.

No prob.


No comments:

Post a Comment