Sunday, November 21, 2010

New Beginnings

As I take on the responsibilities as the new President of Lilac City Rochester Writers, I'd like to thank everyone for their support. I will work hard to be worthy of it.

To that effect, I'm making sure I get my blog in a little early. I'm presently in Philadelphia. My daughter has her quarterly medical-study check up at 8:30am tomorrow morning. We need to get back to Rochester before 5pm tomorrow because I have picked up the 5-8 shift waitressing at the restaurant where I'm the lunch time hostess. Needless to say, I'll be too beat after my shift to blog.

NaNoWriMo is almost over. I'm behind 15,800 words. According to my stats, I won't be finished with the 50,000 words until Christmas Day. Ugh! Didn't really want to know that. Oh well, I can't complain. At least I have 19,000 words written I wouldn't have had if I hadn't started the challenge.

How many of you who were at the meeting yesterday have taken what you learned from Chris Isaac and implemented it on Facebook? I have included the link to my new business page. It's slow going, but I'm suggesting my writer friends to it. Some of you may have already received the posts. It's different from friend requests. The link will bring you to the page and you may click 'like' and under the profile picture there is a link to 'add to my favorite pages.' This link should allow you to receive all the updates from this page.

Let's work together this coming year to promoting our group and ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Patti. I have tried a couple time to find the link/button Chris talked about, but have had no luck. I will bring my laptop to the Christmas party and, perhaps, you will show me.

    ReplyDelete